The Outdoor Educators’ Association of South Australia has as its aims:
- To promote the development of Outdoor Education in South Australia
- To represent Outdoor Educators on issues and matters concerning the use of the outdoors
- To maintain the professional development of personnel working in the area of Outdoor Education
- To maintain, support and develop the role of Outdoor Educators in South Australia
- To promote the professional interchange of information between members and other related organisations through conferences, meetings, seminars and publications
- To promote a philosophy of environmental awareness, preservation, conservation and positive attitudes towards the use of the outdoor environment
- To act in an advisory capacity to community, government and non-government agencies.
The Outdoor Educators’ Association of South Australia supports the following national ethical guidelines for outdoor educators:
- The Outdoor Educator will fulfil their duty of care
- The Outdoor Educator will provide a supportive and appropriate learning environment
- The Outdoor Educator will develop their professionalism
- The Outdoor Educator will ensure their practice is culturally and environmentally sensitive.